Hicks Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle of choice for Adventure

2 posters

Go down

Vehicle of choice for Adventure Empty Vehicle of choice for Adventure

Post  Christopher Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:29 pm

I have been a Toyota fan for decades. When the first Toyotas in our family (Corona and that 2wd pickup George had) I noticed. Then when Cameron picked up his Tacoma in '96 (was it '96 or '95?) we saw an incredible trip to Mexico!

In response to Cameron's Tacoma, I leased a T-100 for 2 years and liked it, but envied the Tacoma's nice lines.

These days, I dream about adventures cruising in some sort of Toyota. One of my favorite Toyota's of choice is the early Toyota, the FJ40.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_FJ40

Kevin and I have talked before about this 'original' suv and have stopped to look at them when we see them out and about. There was one of these parked near an old mining town near Jeff's house during that one Christmas break a few years back. I still have pictures of that restored FJ40.

There is a prized, all original 1970 FJ40, one owner 54k miles, sitting in my mom's garage. Belonged to my mom's husbands, grandfather. That is a gem of a collection. I showed Kevin and Julia pictures of that mint green Land Cruiser back in 2000 or so.

Getting into outdoors again, leaving on-line gamming behind, I am dreaming about vehicles again. Salmon fishing doesn't require 4 wheel-drive, nor does most hunting. It just makes it a lot easier to get to some great spots! With money tight, I will continue dreaming on about the 'best' choice, although, Cameron mentioned to do it again, he would buy another new Tacoma! Love it!

Christopher

Back to top Go down

Vehicle of choice for Adventure Empty Re: Vehicle of choice for Adventure

Post  Kevin Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Ah yeah! I still have a picture of that Blue FJ40 we saw up near Jeff's old place in Placerville, definitely sweet! I would own one, but with the direction gas prices are head, probably only affordably for special trips.

How about a Toyota like this…

Vehicle of choice for Adventure Photo_1

Imagine taking this one a Baja fishing trip! I guess we kind of did though.

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Vehicle of choice for Adventure Empty 1970 FJ40 1 owner (my great-grandfather's-by-marriage's)

Post  Christopher Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Here is a gem! It has been sitting in my mother's garage for years. I took these pictures about 8 years ago.
Vehicle of choice for Adventure Imgp0660br3
(more pics below)
Vehicle of choice for Adventure Imgp0656ei4.thVehicle of choice for Adventure Imgp0662vg0.thVehicle of choice for Adventure Imgp0657ml3.thVehicle of choice for Adventure Imgp0659zp9.thVehicle of choice for Adventure Imgp0654xl0.thVehicle of choice for Adventure Imgp0658cm8.th
Vehicle of choice for Adventure Imgp0655bo8.th

Christopher

Back to top Go down

Vehicle of choice for Adventure Empty SOLD!

Post  Christopher Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Well, my new project vehicle is pictured above! After years of bugging my mom and Robert, they have finally sold it to me.

I will be picking it up this summer.

Project: FJ40 Restoration. Details to come!

Christopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Awesome! I am so excited for you bro! I can't wait to hear all about it. This is my fav vehicle of all time and you getting one makes it all the better!

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum